Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Seventh Last Words Of Jesus, " Father, Into Your Hands I commit My Spirit"

After thirty three years of very challenging life and ministries of Jesus on earth, he confidently entrusted his spirit to his Father that says, " Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."  A statement of complete jubilation and joy in the midst of extreme exhaustion, pain both physical and emotional turmoil, knowing that the end result or goal has been accomplished.  That through his sacrificial death, spiritual salvation of man's soul was gained.  God's holiness that was violated because of sin of disobedience was answered by Jesus' voluntary laying up of oneself to die on the cross as a once and for all offering to appease the wrath of the holy God.  Only the blood of Jesus, the only Son of God was the only acceptable offering that can fully and truly satisfy the holiness of God and for this reason, salvation both physical and spiritual was attained.

Jesus has entrusted wholeheartedly his spirit or soul to his Father knowing that all what he did were not in vain and that the words of his Father are true and can be trusted on.  He obeyed the words of his Father cause Jesus knew from the very beginning that "For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does"  Psalm 33:4.  True obedience means, having true faith in the words of the one who gave him the command and this was the source of Jesus inner strength that helped him to finish his magnitude painful task of salvation and was so confident to say this words, " Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.

Jesus left his physical body on earth and his spirit or soul went to heaven.  His death proved only that Jesus became true man that tasted severe pain, humiliation, loneliness, betrayal of a follower, less importance to his family members, temptations, thirst, sleepless nights, hunger and even death.  But in all of these, he never fall into sin.  His prayers were answered, he made many miracles, he overcame temptations and he voluntarily gave his life and to crucify and die like of a criminal caused of his unconditional love to his Father, for you , and for me. 

Brothers and sisters in Christ,  we can't compare ourselves to the life of Jesus but he gave us the teachings and his true to life helpful experiences that we can also follow and apply to become victorious in our daily lives, works, studies, church ministries, family concerns and others.  Let us ask the grace of our God through Jesus that all things that we do will be focused on how to lead others to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus in order to give  glory to his name.  Let us always look at the end results of our lives and ask ourselves these questions: Am I confident to say to my Creator and Savior, Father, I am ready to meet you now.  I accepted you as my Lord and Savior,  I shared my faith to my loved ones, relatives, friends and others,  I've finished the race, I fought the good fight of life through faith, and now, I am about to leave this earth with full confidence to say, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit".

For more messages about life, salvation, assurance of salvation and others, visit our website at savelifewithjoy.com or go to our blogs at hopeandlifeforyou.com and Eugenio "EJ" Juarez or email us at agn623@gmail.com for your comments, suggestions and prayer requests.

God bless you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment